Promoter on Full Time Basis
Radju Marija is a civil, private, not-for-profit organisation formed by priests, religious and lay people. Radju Marija supports itself exclusively through listeners’ donations.
Radju Marija is a Marian instrument which responds to the appeal of the Blessed Virgin Mary, through prayer and the teaching of the Catholic faith.
The person would be responsible for the coordination of the suitably selected and trained volunteers in Malta who help to raise awareness, increase the number of listeners and support the radio. The activities of the Promoter include technical, editorial and promotional duties.
• Have a thorough knowledge of the Radju Marija Project in all its operational aspects;
• Ability to adopt methods of communication designed to positively engage the audience (personal ability or acquired at university, on courses or at specialist seminars);
• Good organizational skills;
• Perfect knowledge of Maltese and English (both written and spoken). Knowledge of Italian will be considered an asset;
• Ability to coordinate groups of people of different background and age, and with different approaches.
Characteristics and Skills:
• Identify the needs of the association, together with his/her immediate superiors;
• Schedule services and activities (promotional, editorial, technical) for the entire country (organize the workers called “ants”);
• Establish the basic stages of the strategic and operative programme to be implemented
• Identifying the people to involve: finding volunteers – selection and assignment of tasks – insertion in the organization – training – supervision -evaluation of work – recognition of the contribution of the volunteers – verification.
• Ability to organize
• Know how to programme services, activities and interventions
• Know how to assign tasks based on available people
• Know how to train and stimulate cohesive working groups to reach the desired goal.
• Available to travel throughout Malta and Gozo (driving licence required);
• Ability to work flexibly over a 7 day period up to 40 hours a week, with the possibility of working on weekends and public holidays, depending on the requirements;
• Share information by coordinating actions in a cooperative context, create a good organizational atmosphere;
• Communications skills, complete adherence to the mission of Radju Marija, ability to work in teams.
• Implements strategies with specific actions in Malta and Gozo;
• Defines roles and responsibilities of all volunteer activities (mobile booths, distribution of materials, etc.);
• Represents the association at meetings with the volunteers;
• Set up groups of volunteers to interface with contacts in the country (priests and various leaders) in order to be able to organize meetings and raise awareness of Radju Marija activities;
• Organizes the necessary logistics for events and promotional campaigns in Malta;
• Makes sure that communications materials are efficiently and suitably distributed in the country, providing the necessary instructions;
• Finds volunteers to organize external transmissions (mobile booths).
WFRM will facilitate the arrival of the new Promoter by providing about five days of induction and orientation training at the WFRM Continental offices or at the radio station. If necessary, or if there are special requirements, it is possible to provide further training at Headquarters in Italy.
Depending with the results of the evaluation, a course of local and/or continental training will be defined.
How to Apply:
If you think you have the qualities listed above, send us a CV and a cover letter on:
Alternatively, you can send your CV and a cover letter to:
Radju Marija Malta,
PO Box 19,
Rabat RBT 1230,